Thoughtful farewell gift ideas for boss express your appreciation and gratitude for your superior. It is usually considered better to get a memorable parting gift for your boss’s farewell.
In addition, you can write a meaningful and heartfelt message on the gift to convey how much you are obliged to your boss for his or her support and encouragement that helped you grow in your career. If words fail you at this time then you can use quotes like:
Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It’s the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here’s a happy one for you.
- Dale Evans
Farewell Gift Ideas for Boss
- Personalized keepsake gifts such as memento, professional poker set, key chain, coffee mug with a quote, personalized sports mug, commemorative plaque, fantastic figurine, and so on are excellent presents for a boss, who is leaving the organization. Besides, you can gift a personalized stuffed animal or a professional teddy bear to your female boss.
- T-shirt with farewell messages and signatures of all the colleagues or a World’s Best Boss sign with a beautiful bouquet.
- Another fabulous farewell gift idea for boss is to present him or her something valuable that can be used in the new office. For instance, you can gift a nice desk accessory like desk caddie, personalized glass paperweight, etc. to your boss.
- If you are looking for a simple but lovely farewell gift for your boss, you can consider presenting your superior, a set of jewel blossom vases (shown above).
- Bosses who travel a lot can be gifted an elegant passport case and luggage tags. Cool gadget accessories, on the other hand, are great for geeks. You can also gift a book matching her or her interests or a gift card to a bookstore.
- Those who want to present a funny gift can consider giving the boss an Instant Excuse Ball. It is available at Amazon for about $10.
- In case your boss is retiring then you can present him or her, a personalized retirement billboard cartoon or a retirement signature platter. You can also get him a vacation gift certificate.
- You can also prepare a slide show about your boss’s journey in the company, including all his or her landmark achievements as well as funny moments.
Plus, encourage your colleagues to share inside jokes, interesting stories and experiences with him/her (this would be funny if your boss has a good sense of humor).
Gather as many photographs as possible. Complete the video with lovely farewell messages from the staff members and a framed group photo. You can also prepare a scrapbook instead of video.
- Certain other farewell gift ideas for boss are gift baskets, digital photo frame, antique hanging watch, classy executive pens, etc.